SSO Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story about the "Starstable Database"

Go down

The story about the "Starstable Database" Empty The story about the "Starstable Database"

Post by Abbie Starwatcher Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:11 pm

How did it all begin?
Renee Goldpaw had a help page on SSO at the time with all sorts of useful info on the game. When she started to list the items and horses as well, I helped her with that. When I came up with the idea of a database she agreed to let me take her data and add it to the database.

And then?
Unfortunately, Renee's website was then suddenly blocked by Jimdo, and despite our intervention, it remained so. So it was clear that I had to continue with my database. With the help of a few loyal friends and fellow players, I was then able to continue collecting data and images. In addition, I then got help with the translation of the web pages into Swedish and Polish.

How often do you update the database?
Usually this happens within 2-3 days, i.e. most of the time the items are entered into the database by the weekend after the update. But sometimes it happens that it takes a little longer, if I am too busy in real life.

How was it built?
Following tools were used for the implementation of this database:

• JavaScript library "jQuery" (v3.3.1)
  • jQuery Plugin "Datatables" (v1.10.18)
  • Template Engine "Smarty" (v3.1.32)
  • OpenSource Guestbook "MGB" (v0.7)
  • ... and a bunch of PHP scripts to automate updates.
Abbie Starwatcher
Abbie Starwatcher
Admin

https://ssodb.bplaced.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum